Brenda Sinclair Sutton
368 W Main Street
Danville IN 46122-1622
317 745-4293 | 678-852-5201 | email@example.com
version of this resume
Mythic Imagination Institute, Atlanta, GA: Event Coordinator (08/02 to present)
- Publisher — Published, edited, and contributed to Mythic Passages: The Magazine of Imagination, the Institute's monthly e-magazine, growing readership from start-up to 5,000 monthly readers. Generated articles from contributors such as the Joseph Campbell Foundation, Robert Bly, Coleman Barks, Deepak Chopra, Michael Meade, Jean Houston, Charles de Lint, Teri Windling, Ellen Kushner, Delia Sherman, Tanya Huff, S.M. Stirling, John Matthews, and artists Brian and Wendy Froud, Alan Lee, and Charles Vess. Additionally, coordinated monthly columns from authors William R. Doty, Jerry Wennstrom, John David Ebert and others. Responsible for hand-coding html layout of all articles, acquiring and formatting graphics for resolution and placement, permissions, transcription of seminars, archives of past issues, and electronic notification of the readership. Also responsible for all content on the remaining portions of the website unrelated to Mythic Passages.
- Office Manager — The only full time, paid employee supporting a 30-person volunteer staff for a non-profit education corporation. Responsible for all aspects of office administration and operations, including staff and project support, purchasing, accounts payable, banking, communication and correspondence, travel arrangements, equipment, filing, meeting minutes, accounting.
- Conference Operations — Arranged contracts, travel and rooming for 80+ guest speakers at the biannual Mythic Journeys conferences. Maintained operations offices with supplies, equipment, and hospitality area. Generated schedules and signage, and daily change notifications. Coordinated printing of flyers, posters, advertisement. Liaison for security. Located property for off-site art exhibits.
- Corporate Secretary — Maintained minutes of the corporation, organized quarterly Board of Directors meetings
CCA Global Partners, Marietta GA: Manager, Member Communications — Intranet (04/98 — 03/02)
- Managed intranet web site www.c1members.net, maintained all content, updated on daily basis. Utilized by 1550+ users, c1members.net provided promotional and industry news, corporate communication, pricing and dropped styles, training, national programs and accounts, insurance, meeting services, member services, and collateral. Additionally, provided daily e-mail updates to members and staff. HTML, Microsoft Front Page, HomeSite, Bulletproof FTP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
CCA Global Partners, Marietta, GA: Executive Administrator (04/93 — 04/98)
- Executive assistant to president, two vice presidents, and 6 buyers for the largest co-operative of independent flooring stores in the world. Newsletter layout for electronic transmission of weekly marketing
publication, co-producer for bi-annual stockholder convention and membership meetings, graphics layout for marketing promotions, travel planning, scheduling, convention speaker liaison, word processing,
filing, and phones. Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Harvard Graphics, Power Point, Excel.
TRC Temporary Services, Marietta GA: Temporary Office Administration (02/91 - 03/93)
- Long term temporary assignments with Rhone Poulenc and Eka Nobel involving technical writing and clerical duties.
Chateau Travel, Marietta GA: Corporate Travel Reservations (09/90 — 02/91)
- Consulting assignment creating airline, hotel, and auto reservations for Chevron USA using Apollo based system. Maintained extensive travel records.
Electrolux Corporation, Marietta GA: Department Admin and Corporate Travel Reservations (03/89 — 09/90)
- Corporate airline, hotel reservations for sales and executive travel, group reservations for 300 - 2500 person conventions, incentive cruise planning and cruise site coordinator, administrative assistant to
corporate meeting planner, hotel and catering contract negotiation, final billing resolution, office administration.
TRC Temporary Services, Marietta GA: Temporary Office Administration (12/86 — 03/89)
- Short term assignments encompassing a wide variety of office management.
The Creative Circle, Gardena CA: Instruction Writer, Needlecraft R & D (01/83 - 10/86)
- Wrote and tested instructions for needlecraft kits, catalog composition.
CIW Webmaster Certification — Silicon Valley, Inc., Marietta GA
Brigham Young University, 1972 — 1976
Major in English with emphasis in Journalism and Theater
- Michael Karlin, Co-president, Mythic Imagination Institute
- Honora Foah, Co-president and Creative Director, Mythic Imagination Institute
- Evan Hackel, President, Flooring America
- Chris Ramey, President, International Design Guild
- John Lomicky, Vice President, Commercial Buying, CCA Global Partners
- Charles Vogel, Arcade Carpet One, Baltimore, MD
More references and contact information available upon request.