* How to hold the bodhrán
- First, if you are female or Scottish, change into a pair of
trousers. You can't play the bodhrán in a skirt.
- Then you'll want a short stool, bench, or a straight-backed chair
with no arms.
- Put both feet flat on the floor, spread apart about 12 - 13 inches.
- Insert your left hand between the cross-pieces in the back of the
bodhrán and the back side of the drum hide, and place the palm on the
hide, fingers slightly spread.
- Rest the drum on the top of your left thigh and tilt it to the right
and slightly forward.
- Bend forward from the waist a little and wedge the drum into your
left side so that part of your torso acts as a dampening agent.
Send questions and comments on holding the bodhrán to email@example.com.